all new, ground breaking EKOI LEGENDE helmet has been designed by
Benjamin BLANCHARD, then checked and validated by 2 Italian designers at
the forefront of bike and motor bike helmet design. Made in Italy by a
company that specialises in the manufacture of top-of-the-range cycling
The initial helmet design was then extensively tested and tweeked (as necessary) in the wind tunnel for optimal air penetration and air flow, and FINALLY it was personally tested and improved by, none other than, Romain BARDET, who has worn the helmet every day for training or racing since the start of the 2018 season.
The development of the EKOI LEGENDE helmet has required 2 years of painstaking work. We would like to thank Romain BARDET for his invaluable assistance in the development and refinement of this helmet, that he wore for the very first time in public on the Tour de France 2017 on the 14th of July (St Girons-Foix) stage, already a year ago, but those 12 months were necessary to improve helmet comfort and above all to reduce its weight (by 30g).
The design of this product was inspired by the first leather helmets seen in the 40's and called a hairnet (in English) or a boudin in french. Extremely well ventilated, with a wraparound shape for optimal air flow and protection, associated with the necessary comfort required for bike racing.
- Internal cage in polypropylene for reinforced protection in the event of a crash.
- CAD-designed ergonomic shape (adapted to most european head shapes)
- Modern magnetically-closing buckle for precision fastening
- Optional transparent aero shell (sold separately) for added aerodynamics and protection from the rain and cold.
- Exceptional and never before seen helmet finish: transparent micro shell with the choice of brilliant, matt or GOLD finishing
- 28 vents for unbeatable ventilation.
- Height and circumference occipital adjustment + the choice of 3 different foam thicknesses for the perfect fit.
- Height adjustable occipital bone dial for a precision fit for every head shape.
- Specific left and right occipital adjustment for that precision fit for every head shape.
- 100% made in Italy.
Road cycling: Training and racing